- About UNWTO
- Member States
- Affiliate Members
- Destination Management & Quality Programme
- Education and Training
- Ethics & Social Responsibility
- Information Resources & Archives
- Institutional and Corporate Relations
- Knowledge Network
- Market Trends
- Resilience of Tourism Development
- Governing Bodies
- Statistics and Tourism Satellite Account
- Sustainable Development of Tourism
- Silk Road
- Technical Cooperation
It can be easy to get caught up in the big picture. One billion tourists, 10% of the world’s GDP, exports of 1.5 US$ trillion annually and one in eleven jobs worldwide.
But all of these numbers represent people just like you. Chefs, artisans, tuk-tuk drivers, tour guides, guest house owners, hotel gardeners, travel app developers, dive masters and millions more who everyday engage with tourists from around the world, encouraging intercultural exchange and sustainable development in their communities.
Capturing voices of tourism employees from across the globe, UNWTO’s Tourism Stories allow you to gain insight into how people and communities are shaped by the sector, highlighting how an individual´s work has the ability to unlock community value chains, inspire empowerment and revitalize traditions of the past to set the foundations for the future.
Download your own copies!
Preview: learn some of the stories
- Cristina Suaña – Floating Hotels of Los Uros (Peru)
- Alonso Bermúdez Paniagua – A cultural hotel, a community haven (Costa Rica)
- Nguyen Thi Ba – Viet Nam's ladies of the river (Viet Nam)
- Khaled Al Took – Freelance adventure, culture and historical tour guide (Saudi Arabia)
- Memory Danster – Committed ambassador for conservation (Namibia)
- Milutin Prascevic – Prokletije biodiversity advocate and guide (Montenegro)