- About UNWTO
- Member States
- Affiliate Members
- Destination Management & Quality Programme
- Education and Training
- Ethics & Social Responsibility
- Information Resources & Archives
- Institutional and Corporate Relations
- Knowledge Network
- Market Trends
- Resilience of Tourism Development
- Governing Bodies
- Statistics and Tourism Satellite Account
- Sustainable Development of Tourism
- Silk Road
- Technical Cooperation
Measuring Employment in the Tourism Industries – Guide with Best Practices
Nº of Pages:190
ISBN (electronic version):
ISBN (print version):
The facts and findings presented in this guide confirm that employment in tourism and the economic value of tourism in terms of employment remain inadequately measured and insufficiently studied. Employment in the tourism industries needs to be measured and described in a more consistent way supported by proper statistical instruments developed on international tools and enhanced through international cooperation.
This guide provides some examples of best practices of measuring employment in the tourism industries from countries that have demonstrated capacity to develop a comprehensive set of employment indicators.
This publication is a joint project by the International Labour Organization ( ILO ) and UNWTO.